1. Number of subscribers for our first issue, 15 years ago today: 587.
2. Estimated number of subscribers who will see today's issue of Shelf Pro: 42,000.
3. Number of subscribers who read our consumer-facing publication, Shelf Awareness for Readers: 525,000.
4. Number of subscribers who received our newest baby, the Pre-Order E-blast: 488,540.
6. Number of nights Jenn Risko somehow thought it best to not sleep, but to stay up worrying/planning/brainstorming: More than she cares to admit.
7. Numbers of employees and freelancers in the first year, aside from John and Jenn: 0
8. Number of current employees and freelancers today: 80
9. Total lifetime number of e-newsletters Shelf Awareness has sent: 486 million. (And now, we need a nap!)
10. Number of e-newsletters the Shelf has sent on behalf of the ABA, PNBA, CALIBA and MPIBA: 34.6 million.
11. Number of ads over the lifetime of the Shelf: More than 20,000 paid, and at least double that in gratis re-runs, 'cause we are GIVERS.
12. Estimated number of bottles of wine consumed: Okay, we did the math. Maybe a bit more than we want to reveal.
13. Number of mornings we sent the issue on auto-pilot because of aforementioned wine: Classified.
14. Number of mornings we worked to send the Shelf out with no power or Internet: 7.
15. Number of times the Shelf didn't go out: 0
16. Average number of folks every year who are fooled by our April Fool's issue: many more than will admit to it.
17. Most-cited "favorite first line of a novel" in our Reading With... interviews: "Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Colonel Aureliano Buendía was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice." --Gabriel García Márquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude.
18. Number of times we've heard how much our colleagues love and appreciate what we do: Countless.
19. Number of times we get sick of hearing this: 0
20. Percentage of time we feel we can't thank our readers, advertisers and employees nearly enough: Pretty much all the time.
21. Number of years we want to keep doing this: Many, many more.
22. Percentage of time we miss seeing you IRL: All the time.